Pickup and delivery of packages of various sizes, weights and/or palletized products from customers in many different locations, to be completed in a timely and courteous manner. Ensures all equipment used is in working order and inspected daily. Uses care in moving packages and always works with safety in mind.
- Possess and maintain valid Class A or B driver's license with safe driving record
- Operate motor vehicle in safe and legal manner.
- Be able to quickly locate specific addresses.
- Be able to communicate and complete assigned tasks via a smartphone application (training provided).
- Must have sufficient literacy skills to read maps efficiently and complete required paperwork.
- Maintain communication and cooperative, professional relationship with both customers and general public, as well as fellow Quicksilver employees.
- Be able to lift 70-99 lbs without restriction
Education & Experience:
- No formal requirements; must be literate and communicate in English.
- No delivery experience required but helpful.
- 1 year Class B experience
- Map reading skills not required, but helpful.
- 7 year proven safe driving record. No more than 1 minor moving violation within the last 3 years or DUI/Careless Driving within 5 years.
- Ability to lift 70-99 lbs.regularly as required.
- Hand load/unload material as required.
- Walking and climbing stairs.
- With the assistance of a manual pallet jack; push, pull, move pallets of material weighing up to 3,000 lbs.
- Be able to sit in vehicle for extended periods of time and move in and out of vehicle as needed.
- Pass Department of Transportation physical, a drug and alcohol test. (when required).
- Pass a Work Simulation screening. (when required)
- Deliver packages safely and in a timely manner.
- Know, understand and follow all company policies.
- Be available to work on-demand and some after-hours, clearing any changes with supervisory personnel.
- Uniform shirt, and ID badge must be worn at all time while on the job.
- Follow current DOT regulations, Complete DOT/Quicksilver paperwork, Follow DOT break/lunch requirements
- No cell phone/computer usage during operation of your truck. Hands free device required.
- First line supervision from dispatchers/customer service and other personnel/operations managers
- Most working time spent in vehicle or loading/unloading packages/pallets.
- Required to drive safely in all kinds of conditions (adverse weather conditions, traffic, etc.).
- No smoking is allowed on the job. Smoking is not allowed in vehicles.
- Smartphone dispatch and communication application (Smart Phone Required)
- Lift Gate
- 2 or 4 wheeled cart
- Pallet Jacks (Manual or Electric as needed)
- Forklift (if certified)
- Other equipment as directed